Sunday 1 November 2009

a few horses, alot of kids, some of El Salvador and a daylight robbery

Sorry that this post is very delayed and that there are no photos - this would be down to the fact that last weekend I suddenly decided to go to El Salvador and then the monday after someone broke into the house and stole the laptop. So at the moment we are using a borrowed laptop.

So I have now been in my new project a week and a half. Its going well I really like it, not as fun as the blind school because the children have more mental problems like cerebal palsy. So in a way you have to work alot harder for less reward. But I have already made a real connection with three of four of them. So glad i'm doing this now that I can speak spanish because trying to figure out what they are saying is hard enough as it is. They have me doing everything there though wether I want to or not it seems, I have been spoon feeding them, changing napies, carrying them... there is one thing thatts really cool though and thats that every Tuesday and Thursday some of them go to the stables and ride horses, they call it therapy.... apparently. Anyway I get to lead the horses round the field, doing a bit of exercise and getting a tan at the same time, awesome! I'l get to ride one some time too. But I really like it there its 'tranquilo' as they say.

I decided to go to El Salvador to visit my friend Oscar who now lives there, well and so I can get to see another country in Central America obviously. I had a really great time, El Salvador is like Honduras but they obviously have more money because its really pretty, theres no rubbish, no graffiti, not so many kids selling stuff on the street. The capital San Salvador reminded me of the U.S, its very smart and the malls are amzing. I could actually live there quite happily I reckon, a thought wish has never crossed my mind in Honduras though I wouldn't say this to my family here. Obviously I'm not going to, dont panic! We managed to fit alot in, we went to:
* The volcano
* The beach
* The lake
* Some mayan ruins
* and the malls, restaurants and clubs of San Salvador
Hopefully I can add some photos to this post later on for you to see. Bit annoying that all my photos i'd loaded up onto Carlota's laptop as back ups have gone. Now I just have my memory card which i am protecting with my life! :-O

The robbery, so yes last monday a horrible man broke into the house, in the middle of the day, when there were 3 women in the house! Granted 2 of them are practically bed bound but still. He stole the laptop and alot of Carlota's jewellery -including a ring that I bought her. And although he'd been through alot of my stuff and left it a mess I dont think he took anything. Thankfully he didnt have much time so didnt get to look through my suitcase and find my dollars!!! Apparently he broke in through the window in my room so I feel a bit vunerable at the moment, but Carlota gave me a herbal pill that smelled of cow poo to help me relax that night so I was ok. ;-)

I havn't heard much news from England recently, it was mum's birthday a couple of weeks ago and Dad's is coming up soon so 'Happy Birthday!' hopefully they will ring me soon to check I am ok. My boyfriend played guitar in a Halloween gig last night for charity which I hear went so well that they ended up in just their boxer shorts!

And on that note, i'd better go and get ready for the day...

No comments: